rss or email updates

legacy

Monday


not so much 
am I wondering how I might be remembered; no,
legacy, only a container 
to allow that I step outside, see
a marble jar of the life mine

what shall I be telling with a sigh, ages, ages hence
know thyself
fuller, higher, deeper
what will your verse be

many a measuring stick float by
do I cling to that mirror shows me best
like the whim when Neil fell in love with the actress
playing a part that he could understand

long for clarity
yes, find me,
find that which is without me

I am the boy who helped
and I smiled
I remember me

3 reader reaction(s):

Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm speechless. And that's saying something of the wordy girly.

Stunning.

Tro said...

did I tell you about the book I read recently about the old guy who lived alone in a tiny apartment in NYC and every day he would make a commotion - maybe he'd spill his coffee inside Starbucks or he'd trip outside and someone would have to help him up ... and the reason he did this: what if that day was the day he were to die in his sleep and no one had noticed him? He wanted to make sure that someone at least saw him on that last day.

Anyway, that's what this made me think of ...

who's Neil?

King of New York Hacks said...

Interesting writing. Good stuff.