rss or email updates

lift the lid

Friday


... I have no lid up on my head but if I did, you could look inside and see what's on my mind


On to the worthwhile:

Loving matters: "The sun is so hot, little girl. Mind your tiny wings."
If BHJ loves like BHJ writes, learn from him. And love a ton. And if you want to write, do it like him.

Beauty : it's all around, under, in, above, next to, and through you, and you can appreciate it deeply without taking away from it. See like Jonathan Fields, and write like him. Be where you are.

Share: When it reaches you, pass it on. Don't you know you create when you give.

Live: Run for your life. Yes, Run. It's your life. Or be a gerbil in a wheel. Choose now. There's a radiohead song if you're having trouble discerning the question.

Passion: live like you mean it.

{Here's where you help. Notice no link for the last entry? Know a blogger who eminates passion, who lives an uber-passionate day every day? Call 'em out in the comments, because I'm looking. The Pooh thanks you in advance.}

Passion -- [read in a whisper] could she be The One? She feels. She speaks up. And not in a walks-up-to-you-saying-"excuse-me-but..." sort of way. Yes, read The Queen. Thank Pooh.

And wait, The Bloggess: She's a total adverb -- a category all her own; I don't know just what to say about her, but when she's streamed a ream of consciousness at you, all you can say is "I gotta get me some of this. I'm soo coming back." The Bloggess is the kid on the playground who taught you the f-bomb and the smart kid you teased about the great grades. Read her. She'll help you be less ordinary.

{She'll also help you find people who will enrich your life ... see her comment below, get to I Obsess, and stick that brilliance in your reader.}

5 reader reaction(s):

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

I just got eleven kinds of blushy. Seriously. Thank you.

And who I think is passionate? http://i-obsess.typepad.com/ She's honest, open and never holds back in what she shares.

Kwai Chang Pooh said...

Out of desperation to be authentic, I'll try to just write without edit. I'm no one's judge. And she's amazing. Yes, she had me at hello. What I read is someone who devotes attention to life, sees it, feels it, has some trouble reconciling how some can be/do/take the way they do, and she shares. Honesty, completely raw -- the amazingest part. And seems to know that she gives when she shares. Debbie, if you'll write more, I'll read more, and I'll learn to be a little, show a little more me as I do. Promise. And I hope you feel more laugh-y. I do. And since you just see with more clarity than most, you better keep sharing that brilliance in you (because I want to see too, and you help).

Debbie said...

you just made me cry. i mean, i'm not crying, i'm sitting here, frowning, trying *not* to cry, because when you frown your eyes kind of crinkle up and form little tear-cups that hold the tears high and tight like a tear bra, thereby preventing them from spilling. and that gives you just enough of a window to start doing something else or thinking something else so that you can stop focusing on them and the frowning and then they dry up because central heat is very, very drying, and suddenly you can stop frowning. only, that's when you realize you wear a permanent frown. my mother may as well hand over the keys to her kingdom right this second.

p.s. wow. both of you. wow. i do not deserve such praise. i can only say that you made me feel less horrible than i have in awhile. and thanking you is empty but it's all i got.

so. thank you.

Anonymous said...

Someone else who is passionate: Rebecca Woolf at Girl's Gone Child. She paints with her words, and she feels things so deeply sometimes I wonder if even her happy hurts her. Vivid is one word to describe her.

And I love me some Bloggess and Debbie. I love that you found them as kick ass and moving as I have for the last couple of years.

Kwai Chang Pooh said...

Vivid indeed, SB. Posts like this take me straight back to many happy places.
{And this is the part where you read me in my parenthetical, footnotey voice as I mutter ... something about wild moms with mad qwerty AND lensey skills.}