rss or email updates

water wants to move

Saturday


I ran in the stars this morning.  They were not so random, but intentionally amazing me.


Early on, I noticed they were watching.  I could not make it out, but I thought they were whispering.  As my mind goes, I was sure they were dismissing "another 'runner' ... he will never stick with it."  

Midway through my footsteps in the dark, I was sure I could make out "he pushes himself at times, so maybe ..."  

As habit brought me back to the starting place, my deep breaths -- warmer now -- assured me they could continue on.  They even tempted me with the stars.  

And I could hear the stars more clearly now.  There was no judgment.  They were witnessing.  Me.  No more.  And I wonder.  If they marveled at how a runner in the dark found joy, if they found beauty in me doing in the simplest way what is in my nature.  From their vast spectacle, did they contemplate me.

0 reader reaction(s):